Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome to a Handmade Holiday


Today is the first day of December (or the fifth if you are going by Little Girl's chocolate advent calendar) and it has not disappointed.  As I type, there are beautiful snowflakes floating down, Christmas music playing, and tea in the kettle.  As Little Boy said, "It's the best day ever!"

And, now it is time to get cracking at the homemade gifts for the season.  If Christmas wasn't enough I also have nine birthdays to contend with in December and January.  I must confess that I added two birthdays to that total with Little Girl and Little Boy, so I can't even complain about it.  Alas.

I've been scouring the blogs for the best inspiration to solider through this season and below is the best of the best.  So, get poking around and see what inspires you.



This list saves me every year.  The link is for their master list of tutorials for this year and also contains link to prior years.  I can't thank these ladies enough for putting this together.




Rhythm of the Home is an on-line magazine and blog that offers oodles of ideas that focus on natural living.  Each seasonal issues is divided into four sections: warmth, play, celebration and connection.  Reading through this wonderful resource is always so relaxing and inspirational. 



This blog belongs to Purl Soho a yarn and fabric store that is on my list of shop to one day visit.  If you scroll down the right-hand side of this blog you will find lists for knitting, crochet, sewing and embroidery tutorials.

Happy Together


I don't know what is more amazing about this list of tutorials, the variety or the quantity.  I warn you, though,  this can cause inspiration overload.

Chez Beeper Bebe


A lovely listing consisting mainly of baby and kids projects.  They may be for the little ones, but you will want some of these for yourself.


I hope some of these got the holiday juices flowing for you.

No comments: