Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Anticipation

Such a strange fall we have had around here.  It is fifty-five and grey as can be today.  Not the weather that inspires grand holiday plans.  Luckily, all that is about to change.  Under an inch of snow is forcasted for tomorrow, but the Little Ones are vibrating with anticipation.  I am too.  I'm looking forward to some swirling flakes to bring out the coziness of staying indoors and working on Christmas presents.  I recently read Hundred Dollars Holiday by Bill McKibben and highly recommend it to anyone who is striving for a simpler, less-is-more holiday this year.  This book is so inspirational in helping you focus on what is important to you in the holidays and stresses that there is no right way to celebrate and there has never been in all of history a set way to enjoy all that is Christmas.  So, in honor of all of that, I will be sprinkling in some Homemade Holidays posts over the next couple of weeks.  I have visions of an all homemade Christmas one year, but until then I try to add a few more each year.  I'll be sharing some of my favorites this year and hope you will join in and share some of yours, too.  Off I go now to craft away.  Time to pop in the John Legend holiday collection (my all-time favorite), munch on a cranberry scone, and get down to business.  













No comments: