Monday, February 15, 2010

A Lovely Week


Last week got away from me. I didn't intend to be gone for so long. Between 10 inches of snow and 22 homemade valentines it got a bit busy around here. We were able to eek out a lovely Valentine celebration, though. Homemade gifts were made for the little ones and mama planned ahead enough that even with a major catastrophe she wasn't rushing around at the last minute like usual. We got to spend an entire weekend visiting with family and enjoying each other. The Mister and I had a great Valentine breakfast out on the town with no kids; to bad I forgot the gift card to pay the bill. By far, the best thing, though, was a new family portrait to celebrate my grandparents’ 64th wedding anniversary. The pictures came out so great. I still can't believe Little Girl did so good. We've have had some issues in the past getting pics taken. She was a rock star this time and we have some precious keepsakes to prove it. The only missed activity was the little ones going sledding, since mama got a little too wrapped up in scrap booking our new pictures. Oops. You would understand if you saw my mother's scrap booking stash. I'll post pics one day to show how unbelievably awesome it is. So, the rest of the week I will be playing catch up and showing off all the homemade fun we have been having around here. Hope your Valentines was lovely!

No comments: