Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pulling Through

Fevers are broken, noses are unplugged, and coughs are settling down. We are on the road to recovery. If only the exhaustion and fatigue would go away I would say we were doing great. It has been a rough couple of weeks and I am happy to be on this side of it. I have even been able to venture out a couple times, and of course, the temperature had to drop to a chilly -7 with the wind-chill. We've managed a little food shopping, a trip to school, and I stole away to the friends of the library book sale. The sale is both wonderful and horrible at the same time. I arrived eight minutes after opening time to find the parking lot full. Uh oh, I am going to have to peruse with the literary addicts. Oh wait, am I an addict, too? Probably. Four dollars later I had my paper bag and I was jostling for elbow room with a very eclectic group of folks to take home unloved and unwanted books. Seventeen books later I was out the door and everyone in the family had something new to read. The sale is wonderful for providing cheap books, and horrible for providing too many cheap books. The stack on my nightstand has moved over to the floor and is about the size of a toddler now. Yes, I have a small bit of a problem.



No comments: