Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reclamation: Paper Towel Tube

Although, paper towel tubes are quickly becoming harder and harder to find in our house, I do manage to snatch the ones we use and turn them into something usable. My new favorite way to use these is to convert into knife sheaths. We have a few knives floating around in our drawers they were just waiting to do some damage to unsuspecting fingers. To remedy the problem I just flattened the tube, cut to size, and taped an end shut. Now we can rest assured that no fingers will be lost.

2 comments:

Mount Belly Mama said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE it! I can't wait to read more! What awesome ideas. I would so buy that sweater purse. Adorable!

Willew said...

Glad you are enjoying. And, thanks for the compliment on the purse. I had so much fun making it I think there might be more in my future.