Friday, April 3, 2009

Cheaply Clean


I wanted to move away from the foaming, anti-bacterial soaps, that I have been using, for sometime now. I have been trying to eliminate all products with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate from my home. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a foaming agent found in many soaps, shampoos, and toothpastes. It has been shown to cause many eye and skin irritations and dries out skin. I also had an unfortunate incident with anti-bacterial soap getting under one of my rings and causing a nasty burn. This obviously is a product I am not wanting to use on the little ones. So, off I went to find a replacement and boy did I find a replacement. This recipe is cheap, works great, and husband approved. You can't ask for more than that.


Hand Soap
  • Take an empty foaming soap bottle and fill with two Tbls castile soap

  • Fill the rest of the way with water

  • Shake to mix and you are good to go

No comments: