Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reclamation: Old Sweater


I recently fell in love with a felted purse that was no where near being within my budget. It was a beautiful oatmeal handbag that cost more than half my weekly grocery spending. So, what else is a girl to do, but try to make a knock off herself. I tromped over to Goodwill and found a great sweater to felt and hurried home to wash, wash, wash, and dry. After, the felting I found the sweater was too thick to create the purse I admired, so I modeled off a bag I already had and reached a happy compromise. Its a little lumpy and the handles will need to be reworked one day, but I am quite pleased with it. If you are looking to make your own creation there are wonderful sites on-line offering advice on felting, as well as, patterns if you don't want to freehand it. Happy sewing.






No comments: