Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Season Opener

Yesterday was my season opener for the garage sale season. Little Boy and I got a bit of a late start, since mama has been suffering so with these allergies. Unfortunately, if you get a late start this early in the season the pickin's are slim. We did manage to find a couple goodies.


Two glass lids to match some of my vintage canning jars. The blue is so beautiful and they were only five cents each.
  

Then we stumbled upon this little percolator for our camping trip this summer. It was a little beat up, but for fifty cents it was a steal. Then the owners started telling us about what wonderful coffee it had made on all their camping trips over the year. I believe the gentleman was getting sentimental about a percolator which is something I can completely understand. I guaranteed this little guy would be well used on many more camping trips and departed with my little percolator and its big history.   


Oh, and they gave Little Boy a giant, hairy spider on our way out.  Not sure how I feel about that.  I guess I will go with appreciative of the kindness (since it can go in with the Halloween decorations).

No comments: