Friday, January 15, 2010

Handmade Challenge #2 - Bread From My Oven


I have always been so intimidated by homemade bread. It seemed like something only those with advanced degrees in homemaking could do. But, alas, the less spending and less processed food resolutions necessitating tackling this one. And, what have I learned from this little adventure? It is pretty easy, I really lucked out that the family liked the first recipe I tried, and pioneer women must have had killer arms.


I used the Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe from the More-With-Less cookbook. Side note, this is a great cookbook that no kitchen should be without. It was easy to put together and baked up beautiful. I loved the meditative process of kneading the dough and the heavenly aroma that filled the house while it was baking. One loaf went in the freezer and one was devoured by the family. Both little ones are in the mist of growth spurts, so it’s like having two little vikings plundering all the homemade goodies here. So, I am going to keep on baking and trying to keep those little bellies full.

No comments: