One of my all-time favorite candies to indulge in are cookie dough truffles. This decedent recipe only gets made once a year around my house, since it is so dangerously good. I'm usually pressed for time during the holiday season, so I break up the recipe into three parts. The following is the first step of preparation. Be forewarned, though, it is impossible to eat only one of these.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup of brown sugar until creamy
- Add 1 tsp vanilla
- Gradually beat in 2 cups of flour
- Mix in one can of sweetened condensed milk
- Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pop into the refrigerator for at least one hour to chill. I usually allow the dough to chill overnight.