Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cheaply Clean


I wanted to move away from the foaming anti-bacterial soaps that I have been using for sometime now. I have been on a quest to eliminate all products with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate from my home. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a foaming agent found in many soaps, shampoos, and toothpastes. It has been shown to cause many eye and skin irritations and dries out skin. I also had an unfortunate incident with anti-bacterial soap getting under one of my rings and causing a nasty burn. This obviously is a product I am not wanting to use on the little ones. So, off I went to find a replacement and boy did I find a replacement. This recipe is cheap, works great, and husband approved. You can't ask for more than that.

Homade Hand Soap Recipie

Take an empty foaming soap bottle and fill with two tbalespoons of castile soap

Fill the rest of the way with water

Shake to mix and you are good to go

No comments: