Monday, February 23, 2009

Static and Chemicals Be Gone


I have struggled for a while to find a chemical free alternative to dryer sheets. I had long ago switched to the free and clear dryer sheets when the little ones entered the picture, and was amazed to find that after only a short while I couldn't stand to have anything in the house that was dried with scented dryer sheets. When I recieved back some maternity clothes I had lent out it took me three washed to remove the scent from the clothing. I found that pretty disturbing and decided I wanted to stop using dryer sheets all together. After deciding against using any drying aides that contained plastic I stumbled upon directions to make wool dryer balls. They are easy and inexpensive to make and work pretty darn good. I do find that in the dryer parts of the year or if I am drying something that creates a lot of static they are not one hundred percent effective, but they work great the majority of the time.


Really good directions can be found at the following link:



No comments: