Monday, October 17, 2011

Autumn is Amazing

I wish Autumn could last a bit longer than it does.  The weather has been spectacular this year.  We've had a few rainy, cloudy days, but  have also be rewarded with unseasonably warm (hot!!) weather in between.  Perfect time for a trip to the corn maze.





We got a little bit stuck and had to rely on Little Girl to navigate us out.  That one is a walking GPS, I tell you.


And, now we are on to apples.  Apples, apples and more apples.  Our family farmhouse has a century old apple orchard and I couldn't resist bring home bushels and bushels of those goodies.  We've had apple butter, apple bread, apple sauce, apple pie and apple muffins.  The Mister was joking that apple jambalaya is next.   

photo from Taste of Home

The best, by far, has been this Dutch Apple Pie Recipe.  I spyed it over at Food Gawker and was drooling all over the place.  If you haven't been to Food Gawker get over there!  It's like Pinterest for food.  
Heaven.

Now I have to get some work done on those Halloween costumes.  It's a coming fast.  I have one costume ready to go and just a peacock to make.  Piece of cake.  Right?



No comments: