Monday, January 17, 2011

Goodbye Friend


The past week I have had a friend traveling everywhere with me.  I thought she looked a lot like an octopus.  With an extremely easy to knit pattern I could haul her anywhere and add on a few stitches here and there. 
My kind of pattern.


In less than a week, I had the finished project.

Can you guess what it is?


Extra large cowl for my sister's birthday.

You can find the pattern here and my notes here.

I'm thinking I might need to knit up another for myself.  I'm really digging it and needing some more company.


Craft Hope for Haiti Shop Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

And, if you haven't already seen, Craft Hope has announced their newest campaign. They will be supporting the Konbit Sante organization that continues to aide in the rebuilding of Haiti, a year after the devastating earthquake.  

Campaign Eleven will be providing Konbit Sante safe birthing kits to distribute to mamas.  I have definitely taken for granted that when my Little Ones came into the world I did not have to worry about things like having a sterile environment.  The mamas in Haiti do not have that luxury.  If you are interesting in helping or would like more information head over to the Craft Hope site.  


2 comments:

mely said...

Great color. Thanks fro sharing the link, winter is just beginning so I guess there is still time to make one for myself.

Mely

Willew said...

This is a really fast knit. I think I could have been done in three days if I really applied myself.