Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Day Interrupted

I had plans for many more accomplishments today, but the snow and the huge load of books, cds and dvds awaiting us at the library derailed that.  We each dove into our favorite corner with our new books and ignored the heavy snowflakes falling outside. Until, Mama had to go shovel.  I left the little ones with the instructions that they could watch the end of one television show and they must turn off the television in the living room.  I need to learn to not speak so literally.  When I came back in they had indeed turned off the television in the living room and were cuddled up in my bed watching my television.  Outsmarted yet again, there was nothing I could do but join them in bed.  With the extra down time I got to dive into Chocolat.


I love how well loved this library copy is. I am really enjoying this book only a few chapters in.  I'm not sure how I missed it before.  The inspiration behind this choice is The Crafty Book Club.   The Crafty Book Club is a site where like-minded artists can come together, read great books and share work inspired by those books.  If you like reading and crafting you should check them out.  They even make sure all their book choices have been made into movies for the time strapped crafters.


So, what would go better with being curled up on a snowy day reading Chocolat then a cup of coffee with Mint Chocolate Truffle Creamer?   I have found the cost and long list of disturbingly unpronounceable ingredients in store bought creamer not conducive to my buying habits.  Luckily, I stumbled upon a whole cache of creamer recipes and have been happily creating my own for some time now.  Following is the Mint Chocolate Truffle.  Try it...no really you have to try it. 


Chocolate Mint Truffle Creamer
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup milk
3 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Teaspoon peppermint extract

Mix all ingredients in a glass container.  Shake each time before use to avoid settling.  Will keep in the refrigerator for two weeks.

No comments: