Monday, April 5, 2010

Homemade Challenge #17 - D-ring Belt


I had seen a look I loved at Ann Taylor Loft and could not get it out of my head for Easter.  After scouring the closet, I had a close enough dress and sweater to make me happy, but no belt.  After a round of searching at the thrift store, I moved on to retail and was disturbed that a purchased belt would cost more than my dress and sweater had combined.  What to do, what to do?  Once again Joann's saved the day.  Of course, they have belting, and in all kinds of colors, too.  Yippee.  A little belting and two d-rings later I have a belt for less than two dollars.  And, in the irony that is my life, I found the exact belt I loved, marked down to $4.88, in the store a day before Easter. 

I'll post a tutorial a little later.  It is so easy, it is ridiculous.

No comments: