Monday, July 20, 2009

Housekeeping

As, I transition over to this new blog, I thought I would bring over some of the old posts. Since, I am cleaning house, blog-wise, I'll have some of my cleaning recipes this week. Enjoy!


Mirror, Mirror

Whenever I would clean my glass I found the fumes were horrible and my hands would hurt for the rest of the day. I researched many homemade cleaning alternatives, but was disappointed that almost all used ammonia which wouldn't help me with my problems. Then I stumbled upon this simple recipe for glass cleaner. This is by far my favorite greener alternative to date. It is so simple, cost effective, and works far better than commercial products. In fact I could see a film on the glass that was leftover from the commercial products when I started using this. So, what is the recipe for this great cleaner?


  • Buy one bottle of club soda

  • Pour into a squirt bottle (does not have to stay fizzy, works great flat)

  • Spray on glass

And, that's it! So, for sixty-nine cents I got twice the glass cleaner, that worked much better, and didn't contain harmful chemicals. You can't ask for more than that!

No comments: