Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Note the little hand creeping into the picture. You have to be very careful of candy thieves with these.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
One of my all-time favorite candies to indulge in are cookie dough truffles. This decedent recipe only gets made once a year around my house, since it is so dangerously good. I'm usually pressed for time during the holiday season, so I break up the recipe into three parts. The following is the first step of preparation. Be forewarned, though, it is impossible to eat only one of these.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup of brown sugar until creamy
- Add 1 tsp vanilla
- Gradually beat in 2 cups of flour
- Mix in one can of sweetened condensed milk
- Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pop into the refrigerator for at least one hour to chill. I usually allow the dough to chill overnight.